2024 Island Packet 349
The 349 showcases an unparalleled combination of features that further Island Packet’s unwavering commitment to meeting the needs and desires of the cruising sailor. The renowned Island Packet reputation of superb seakeeping and safety, exceptional comfort and livability, outstanding build quality, award-winning value and customer satisfaction remain well intact.
With this model, Island Packet has returned to the Solent-style rig as standard, featuring a mainsail with a working jib and an optional lightweight 170% reacher or asymmetrical that mounts on the integral bow platform and furled with Harken systems. The working jib is fitted with a Hoyt Boom that is self-tending and improves performance with its close sheeting and self-vanging feature, while the large optional reacher or asymmetrical boost performance in light air or when off the wind. The fully battened mainsail is equipped with a low friction Battcar system and drops easily into a stack pack with an integral cover and lazy jack system. This rigging offers ease of use and versatility in varied wind or sea conditions and increased speed and manuveurability. (Of course, the cutter rig is available as an option.) All sheets lead to the cockpit primary winches at the helm for short-handed convenience. She has more than ample horsepower with the Yanmar 45 HP Common Rail diesel engine.
With classic good looks inside and out that blend the modern and traditional, spirited sailing performance, premium materials and the best warranty coverage in the industry, the 349 continues Island Packet’s reputation as a benchmark for excellence.
Basic Boat Info
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
- PolyClad3® hull gel system includes ten-year pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- Deck laminate features Divinycel, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10-year pro-rated limited warranty against deck core-degradation or delamination, an industry exclusive.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern slip resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
- Solent or cutter; stack pack or furling main
- Harken® headsail roller furling systems.
- Hoyt Boom® equipped self-vanging jib or staysail for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability to a wide range of wind and sea conditions.
- Anondized aluminum mast and booms; wire rigging.
- Mid-boom sheeting for unobstructed cockpit and dodger installations.
- Large SS bow rail w/ LED navigation light
- 1 ¼ Stanchions with double life lines
- SS or Coated life lines
- (2) SS sea safe anchor rollers
- Anodized Hoyt boom
- SS bow cleats and chocks
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass
- (10) SS opening ports with screens
- (5) overhead aluminum frame hatches with shades and screens (SS frame optional)
- Full length SS hand rails along cabin top
- (2) SS dorade vents with line guards
- Harken deck hardware and traveler
- Harken size 35 2-speed cabin top winches (2)
- Harken size 46 2-speed primary winches (2)
- Spinlock halyard and sheet stoppers
- Large cockpit with line storage and lazarette access
- Emergency tiller stored in lazarette
- Integrated sea hood with teak trim
- Wood hatch boards or café style companion way doors (optional)
- Teak cockpit table w/ fold out leaves (optional)
- Large pedestal w/ guard and IP inlay on compass
- 12v outlet on pedestal
- Leather covered wheel
- Wrap around stern rails with integrated seats
- LED cockpit, transom and stanchion gate safety lighting (dimmable)
- Port and starboard transom entrances
- Large sugar scoop style transom
- Integrated transom boarding steps w/ handholds on steps for boarding from water
- Transom boarding ladder (pocket style)
- Hull side ports (5)
- Full length, ergonomically shaped cockpit seats, dual deep seat lockers, helm seat cushion backrest, two 2” cockpit scuppers, four harness padeyes, engine panel adjacent to helm in covered alcove, wide coamings with bins, hot and cold shower at transom.
- Edson CD-i® geared direct drive steering system, emergency tiller with storage brackets. Ritchie® compass with custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel with vinyl covering, hinged fiberglass cockpit table, provisions for remote autopilot installation, single-lever engine control with premium Glendinning® control cables, space for electronic installations.
- Sliding companionway hatch with seahood, interior latch and exterior hasp and lock. Raymarine® (or your choice) knot, depth and wind indicators mounted in seahood instrument pod. Integrally molded dodger mount on cabin top. Solid sapele drop boards with varnish finish, center drop board with fixed port and etched logo, board retaining pin, interior storage rack.
- Wide recessed sidedecks and foredeck with protective bulwarks, full length s/s cabin top handrails. Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shutoff valve; divided rode bins with hooks for fenders/lines/gear.
- Integral swim platform with molded steps, emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed and patented SeaSafe® anchor roller for fully captive, low-chafe chain/rode control. Quick anchor deployment and secure storage. Room for (optional) electric windlass.
- Double, vinyl-coated or non-coated lifelines and s/s bow and stern rails, s/s flagstaff and holder, two (2) Dorade-style vents s/s cowls with screens and plugs.
- Stern and side gates with quick-release hooks, integral stern rail seats.
- Boarding/swim ladder at swim step transom.
- Four 12” mooring cleats, two 10” spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards.
- Teak cap and drip rail with s/s striker.
- High impact vinyl rubrail with s/s striker.
- Integrated entry steps on engine access door
- Easy access to engine from front, side, and rear opening compartments with light
- Numerous SS overhead and bulkhead mounted handholds
- Corian countertops in galley and head (color options available)
- Refrigerator/freezer SS drawer unit
- Dish rack and utensil drawers
- Under counter storage for dry goods
- Seamless Corian or under mount SS galley sink
- Corian sink filler insert (stows in cabinet)
- Trash bin under sink
- Overhead and under gunnel lighting on dimmers
- All interior lights are LED
- Customizable starboard side layout
- TV/mirror combination mounted on bulkhead (optional)
- USB outlets in salon, forward stateroom and aft stateroom
- Under berth storage
- Pullman berth
- Settee and optional fold up table
- Large port side hanging locker
- Numerous overhead LED touch lights
- Fans for staterooms and salon (optional)
- Electric flush toilet with holding tank
- Stand up shower and sitting bench
- Bi-fold shower door
- Corian counter with vessel or under mount sink
- Vanity cabinet storage
- Large mirror above sink
- Full settee to port w/ slide out to convert to full bunk
- Under settee storage
- Large bulkhead mounted IP foldable salon table
- 3 house batteries, 100ah each Beta lead crystal
- Mastervolt 2500 continuous 5000 peak inverter/ 100 amp charger
- Mastervolt battery monitor
- One dedicated starting battery
- Sapele and oak varnished sole
- Large double bunk w/ optional filler piece
- LED lights on dimmer
- Large hanging locker
- Carpeted floor insert
- Many under berth storages compartments
- Galley with open U-shaped design, solid acrylic counters with integral fiddles. Vitrofrigo® refrigerator/freezer Deluxe three-burner Force 10® LPG stove with oven and broiler, stainless steel sealed burner top, guard rail with harness hooks, lift off cover, storage under. Microwave oven (AC operation only), deep s/s or Corian sinks, hot and cold pressure water tap with retractable spray unit, dish rack, waste receptacle under sink, cutlery drawers.
- SeaGull® IV water filter for fresh water (cold) at dedicated faucet at galley sink.
- Numerous s/s opening ports with safety glass and screens throughout; numerous overhead hatches with retractable screens/shades.
- Sapele hardwoods, veneers and coordinated surfaces for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim. Louvered raised panel cabin doors; louvered locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers and drawers.
- Furniture quality satin gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Numerous chrome plated interior cabin-side lights and recessed main overhead dimmable area lights, all with LED warm-white bulbs; dimmable indirect perimeter warm-white LED ambiance lighting in main salon and all cabins; courtesy lights at companionway, electrical panel and battery selector switch; LED dome lights in engine room and aft machinery areas.
- Removable stainless steel companionway ladder with slip resistant teak treads, engine access behind.
- Sapele grate at base of companionway lifts to reveal removable dust pan, bilge access.
- Numerous overhead and bulkhead mounted s/s handrails for safety and security.
- Storage rack for companionway boards.
- 45hp Yanmar® 4JH45 Common Rail series diesel four-cylinder engine, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, 110 amp Balmar® alternator and digital DuoCharge controller. A 3-bladed fixed prop (feathering prop optional), Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted for easy access. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded fittings, intake strainer.
- Engine access from removable front and rear panels, hinged side opening doors. Pre-plumbed for electric oil change system.
- Extensive sound-control with premium lead-lined insulation, gasketed access doors and panels.
- Three (3) premium AGM 12 volt batteries dedicated to house, plus one (1) dedicated to engine start. Momentary parallel switch in cockpit for emergency starting.
- Deluxe electrical panels with separate battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights and controls for electric pumps, LPG solenoid control and battery charger.
- 30 amp dockside AC power system with ELTI ground fault inlet protection breaker and one (1) 50-foot shore power cord. Numerous outlets, all with GFCI protection.
- Fail-safe galvanic isolator with status panel.
- Mastervolt 100 amp battery charger and 2500 watt inverter
- Engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and engine monitoring system near helm.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals.
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, head and cockpit shower. UL® listed six (6) gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated head, sink/shower drain sump with strainer.
- LPG system with 10 pound aluminum tank in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed, lockable lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; room for extra tank.
- Fuel, water and holding tanks below cabin sole maximize storage and stability and minimize trim changes with varying tank fluid levels.
- Fuel tank constructed of welded, baffled heavy gauge marine-grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank mounted mechanical gauge. Pre-plumbed with second pickup/return for addition of generator and/or heater system.
- ThermoCure™ fresh water tank constructed of infusion molded fiberglass using FDA approved vinylester resins, baffles, s/s deck fill, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Infusion molded fiberglass holding tank with baffles, s/s deck pump out fitting, electronic remote tank level gauge.
- Heavy-duty Rule® 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium WaterWitch® electronic pump switch. BilgeAlert® high water bilge alarm with remote alarm panel at helm.
- UL listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- LED navigation lights including masthead anchor light and foredeck/steaming light on mast.
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass installation, bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to nav area; messengers pre-run for pulling additional wire.
774 sq. ft