2023 Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer
The Island Packet 42 Motor Sailer is designed for comfortable, offshore cruising. Sailors can enjoy the livability of a trawler and maintain the ability to easily sail in all weather. With tankage of 320 gallons, she is built for long distances. You will find her well powered with a 110 HP Yanmar turbo diesel engine that provides a cruising speed of 8-8 ½ knots. A sloop rig is standard with a Solent rig optional.
This 2 stateroom/2 head model features an up galley that is part of the salon, side door, a drop-down walkway and hard rails for safety. She also boasts a large aft cockpit with a SureShade cover option and a large engine compartment.
Basic Boat Info
Engines / Speed
- Make: Yanmar
- Model: 4JK4-HTBE
- Engine Power: 110hp
- Type: Inboard
- One-piece integral hull and keel of 100% hand laminated high modulus knitted fiberglass infused with a proprietary pressure-fed application system. Light ivory gelcoat with urethane painted boot stripe w/matching rubrail.
- Fully encapsulated lead ballast forms double bottom over length of keel. No keel bolts to maintain, loosen or leak.
- Molded structural interior grid unit bonded with hull and interior bulkhead system to form unified structure.
- Chainplates interlocked and bonded directly with hull structure for secure “belt-and-suspenders” installation.
- Superior hull gel system includes 10 year, pro-rated limited warranty against osmotic blisters.
- Deck laminate features Divinycell and Airex coring, virtually eliminating the potential for deck deterioration associated with other core materials. Includes a 10 year, pro-rated limited warranty against deck core degradation or delamination, an industry exclusive.
- Two-tone deck surfaces: light ivory with tan premium diamond pattern slip-resistant surfaces.
- One-piece deck attached to integral hull flange with bolts, lock nuts and urethane adhesive sealant. Hardware backed with aluminum plates where required.
- Molded fiberglass headliner with textured finish.
- Sloop rig standard.
- Solent rig optional.
- Sails: in-mast vertically battened roller furling mainsail, roller furling jib in high modulus Dacron® with white UV sun panels.
- Headsail roller furling systems.
- Centralized sail control console in aft cockpit with single Lewmar® Ocean Series 40CEST electric winch, multiple sheet stoppers and line bins. Mainsail furler, outhaul and sheet, plus jib sheet are all routed below decks to the aft sail control console; jib furler and outhaul lines run alongside deck to aft cockpit area with stoppers and leads to electric winch on the console.
- Main and spare main halyards led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 40 CST 2-speed winch on mast. Jib halyard led to Lewmar® Ocean Series 16C 2-speed winch on mast.
- Hoyt Boom® equipped self-vanging jib for ease of handling, improved performance and superb adaptability to a wide range of wind and sea conditions.
- Anodized aluminum mast and booms; wire rigging.
- Aft-boom sheeting to cabin top allows for dinghy storage on main salon hardtop.
- Starboard side helm opening door.
- Large cockpit transom door opening to swim platform.
- Deep cockpit aft of deckhouse with deep molded seat lockers port and starboard, removable bench seat across transom; steps to side decks, side rails, sail control console, extended hardtop with sail viewing window, transom door to the stern platform, overhead light, gasketed sole hatches with storage under.
- Edson® Radial Drive™ cable steering system, Teleflex® engine control cables with vibration isolators. Edson® Radial Drive™ cable steering system, Teleflex® single lever engine control cables with vibration isolators. Ritchie® compass w/custom Island Packet nav grid, s/s wheel, space for electronic installations. Raymarine® knot, depth and AWI at helm panel.
- Wide recessed sidedecks and foredeck with protective bulwarks, full length s/s cabin top handrails. Large anchor locker with overhead deck hatch, sealed bulkhead aft, drain to bilge with shutoff valve; divided rode bins with hooks for fenders/lines/gear.
- Stern platform with transom door, swim ladder and emergency boarding ladder with pull strap.
- Wide integral bow platform with exclusive Island Packet designed and Mantus® anchor rollers for fully captive, low-chafe chain/rode control. Quick anchor deployment and secure storage. Room for an optional electric windlass.
- Solid stainless steel upper lifeline rail integral with bow and stern rails; vinyl covered lower lifelines. Flagstaff and holder, two (2) Dorade-style vents with vinyl (or optional) s/s cowls with screens and plugs.
- Four 12” mooring cleats, two 10” spring line cleats, chocks and flush mount chafe guards.
- High impact vinyl rubrail with s/s striker.
- Large main salon with an expanse of windows, creating a space that brings the outdoors in. The galley is to starboard.
- The galley features solid Corian® with integral fiddles.
- Force 10® 3-burner gimbaled propane stove and oven
- Vitrofrigo® refrigerator/freezer two drawer unit
- SeaGull® IV water filter for freshwater (cold) at dedicated faucet at galley sink.
- The helm is forward of the galley.
- Across the helm to port is a large convertible U-shaped dinette. It is raised for visibility.
- (3) stairs lead from the salon down to the staterooms and heads.
- To port is the guest quarters, which can be configured into a double berth or single berth with desk arrangement, and the guest/day head. The cedar-lined hanging locker also accepts an optional washer/dryer combo.
- Forward is the owner's stateroom with an island queen berth, his and hers hanging lockers with ensuite head with a large stall shower.
- Head compartment with separate shower stall; vanity with solid acrylic countertop with vessel sink, large mirror and storage cabinet below. Electric flush head: Raritan® Elegance. Molded slip-resistant sole.
- Sapele hardwoods, veneers and coordinated surfaces for bulkheads, cabinetry and trim.
- Louvered cabin and locker doors, extensive radius corner detailing, cedar-lined lockers
- Dovetail constructed cedar-lined drawers.
- Furniture quality satin gloss varnish applied to all interior wood surfaces in a multi-coat process.
- Numerous chrome-plated interior cabin-side lights and recessed main overhead dimmable area lights, all with LED warm white bulbs; dimmable indirect perimeter warm-white LED ambiance lighting in main salon and all cabins; courtesy lights at aft deck entrance., electrical panel and battery selector switch; LED dome lights in engine room and aft machinery areas.
- Numerous overhead and bulkhead mounted s/s handrails for safety and security.
- 110 HP Yanmar® turbo diesel engine – 4JK4-HTBE, fresh water cooled, rubber isolation mounts on reinforced fiberglass bed with integral oil pan, mechanical fuel pump, 110 amp Balmar alternator and Charles digital DuoCharge controller. 3-bladed fixed prop (feathering prop optional), Racor® fuel filter with water separator mounted for easy access. Jacketed fuel lines with swedged and threaded fittings, intake strainer.
- Engine access from salon cabin sole and hinged, lower cabin stairs.
- Extensive sound control – premium lead-lined insulation, gasketed lid and panels.
- Four (4) premium AGM 12 volt batteries: three (3) dedicated to house, one (1) to engine start. Momentary parallel switch in the cockpit for emergency starting.
- Deluxe electrical panels with separate battery switch, gauges and breakers for AC and DC systems, battery test system, indicator lights, and controls for electric pumps, LPG solenoid control and battery charger.
- 30 amp dockside AC power system with ELTI ground fault inlet protection breaker and one (1) 50-foot shore power cord. Numerous outlets, all with GFCI protection.
- Fail-safe galvanic isolator with a status panel.
- Mastervolt® 2500watt inverter/100 amp battery charger.
- Yanmar C Model engine instrument panel with tachometer, hour meter and temperature and oil pressure gauge.
- Electrical DC grounding/bonding system for rig and all underwater metals.
- Pressure water system with hot and cold service to galley, head, and cockpit shower. UL listed six (6) gallon water heater with engine heat exchanger, insulated hot water hoses throughout. Dedicated head sink/shower drain sump w/strainer.
- LPG system with 10-pound aluminum tank in self-draining storage compartment with gasketed, lockable lid, remote solenoid, dual safety shutoffs and gauge; room for an extra tank.
- (3) Fuel tanks, totalling 325 gallons. Constructed of welded, baffled heavy gauge marine-grade aluminum (5052-H32) with shut off valve, s/s deck fill, tank mounted mechanical gauge. Pre-plumbed with second pickup/return for the addition of generator and/or heater system.
- ThermoCure™ fresh water tanks constructed of infusion molded fiberglass using FDA approvable vinyl ester resins, baffles, s/s deck fills, electronic remote tank level gauge. Total tankage 130 gallons.
- Infusion molded fiberglass holding tank with baffles, s/s deck pump out fitting, electronic remote tank level gauge. Total tankage 50 gallons.
- Heavy-duty Rule® 3700 electric bilge pump with auto control and premium WaterWitch® electronic pump switch. BilgeAlert® high water bilge alarm w/remote alarm panel at helm.
- UL listed bronze, thru-bolted, flanged seacocks on all thru hulls below waterline; ball valves on thru-hulls in boot stripe.
- All LED nav lights, including masthead anchor light and foredeck/steaming lights.
- Pre-wired for anchor windlass installation, bow thruster cables, fan and speaker wires throughout interior, VHF cable in mast and from mast step to helm area; messengers pre-run for pulling additional wire.